"I loved working with Rob. He put us at ease immediately. There's nothing he doesn't know about pupil premium and preparing for Ofsted."
" I found Barbara truly inspirational, very easy to get on with, very knowledgeable and above all highly effective in offering us useful, practical advice."
Rob Meek Former Head Teacher St Columba's Primary school
Local Leader of Education
Jill Forster Head Teacher Benton Dene Primary School
National Leader of Education
"We are currently going through some of the biggest changes to education since the reforms in the 1960's that saw the introduction of Comprehensives into the school system. In order to steer a steady ship through organising and being accountable for our own school improvement measures, having plans in place for academisation and showing effective partnership working with our neighbouring schools all while budgets are being tightened and pressures increasing, it is essential that we pull together and use our collective expertise to benefit all our staff and pupils.
Myself and other system leaders have willingly accepted help and support from one another now and then as issues arise. Not everything can be outstanding in school 100% of the time and I find it refreshing to be able to call on my colleagues when I need support or to borrow some of their staff. And of course, it is always rewarding to be able to help them in return."
DfE guidelines July 2016 for Teachers' Professional Development DfE guidelines November 2018 for Workload Reduction
"The best advice and guidance we've ever had and all delivered in a supportive, coaching and yet challenging way. The critical friend that we really needed her to be."
Barbara Slider Head Teacher Shiremoor Primary School
Local Leader of Education
School to School Support
We have a dedicated team of expert system leaders that are available to provide bespoke support packages to individuals, schools or departments based on the priorities for your school. We can work with you to identify appropriate strategies or interventions for your school, or we can share our expertise of having dealt with a similar situation in a different context.
We also offer the following school-to-school support packages:
- Visitors Days and Learning Walks- Register your interest to receive an invite to attend one of our Visitor Days, where you will receive an overview of our school improvement initiatives and find out about the benefits of joining our Alliance and working collaboratively in a network of highly effective schools.
- Pupil Premium Reviews - Choose one of our accredited Alliance Headteachers to carry out a Pupil Premium Review and demonstrate how it can effectively improve your senior leadership team and transform your school.
- School Leadership Update - Click here to access our topical HT and DHT sessions
- National or Specialist Leader of Education (NLE/SLE) Support - Typically, NLEs will work with the Headteacher and SLEs will work with middle and/or senior leaders to undertake the following:
- Carry out diagnostic visits.
- Develop action plans, identifying key priorities and SMART targets.
- Provide one-to-one or group support.
- Offer coaching and mentoring support.
- Provide access to resources and training.
The ultimate aim of NLEs and SLEs will always be to contribute significantly to improving the outcomes for children through developing the capacity of peer leaders in other schools.
Please visit the National College website for more information about the role of the NLE.
To register your interest in any of our school-to-school support provisions please contact us directly at email@example.com